then let him leave
you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love
Today, I read an article about a woman with HIV who was raped. The man that attacked her is now HIV positive. All of the commentary surround this was about how she should have told him she was HIV+ and that women with HIV should have a badge or special underwear so that this doesn’t happen to another man. It is 12:12am and I am already done with the world.
That is rape culture
THIS POST WINS FOR THE MOST HORRIFYING THING I’VE READ ALL DAY
Let’s “cuddle” and when I say cuddle I mean aggressively makeout and grab me everywhere
1. You may have illuminated my life, but darling, you are not the sun.
2. A couple tears for you, but baby, you know the ocean wasn’t built on your departure.
3. You know when the sun is out and it is raining? This is what loving you felt like.
3.5. My body was not meant for this type of inconsistent climate.
4. If loving me was a crime, you would be wrongfully convicted.
5. We both know we can’t trust the prison system, but even so, I will refuse to pay your bail.
6. You stopped putting fire to this passionate relationship we called love.
6.5. And now, I am cold hearted, I give you full credit for this occurrence.
7. Whenever I got injured growing up, my mother always said, “alcohol en las heridas.” Goodness, I never thought she’d be so right.
8. The moon will look at me fiercely some nights, she will have your eyes, but I refuse to be tricked by her glimmer.
9. I am grateful that you left in the midst of spring. Summer is far too hot to want another lover on my bed while I sleep at night.
10. You are not the sun, you are not the moon, you are a mere remnant of the past and I will chant this over and over to consume the memory of you.